House Parents are responsible for providing full-time residential care for minors in CPS custody, including supervision and discipline, while also assisting them with their academic, vocational and personal development. House parents should be highly reliable and enjoy working with children. They must be able to follow through with activities that contribute to the physical, intellectual, emotional, but primarily spiritual development of minors. House Parent will be trained and provide trauma-informed discipline but also encourage behavior that enables them to grow and integrate into society.
Salary will be based off of experience, prior training, education, and otherwise. Regular shift 7AM-9PM with two scheduled days off.
- Housing provided.
- Household utilities provided; as water, electric, and wifi.
- Groceries and household needs are provided for all house parents when working.
- Schedule is flexible when respite is available and needs are communicated.
- Dinner will be provided most weekday evenings.
- All training is paid for and provided on-site.
- Present a loving and supportive parent figure.
- Foster a positive, healthy and safe home environment for children.
- Maintain house operations and activities, including getting kids ready for school and church when needed.
- Constantly strive to build trust, open communication and meaningful relationships with child(ren).
- Inform students of expectations on behavior and policies in the house.
- Plan and implement fun activities, including nightly devotionals.
- 21 years old or above
- Current TX Driver’s License or ability to obtain.
- Valid high school diploma.
- No previous criminal or child abuse history for applicant or household members and the ability to pass background and fingerprint checks and clean driving record.
- Ability to provide a child with an atmosphere for spiritual growth.
- No pets are permitted.
- Couples preferred but individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Preference for full-time, on-site applicants.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[aol count=”-1″ ads=”all” type=”ad” display=”full”]