Hello prospective employee! In His Hands Children’s Home exists to offer hope and transformation through Christ to children. As members of a Christian organization, each employee must recognize that living a life in accordance with the standards presented in the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct found below. Therefore, all individuals who are interested in applying to work at In His Hands Children’s Home must first agree with and abide by what is shown below. Moving forward with the application process will be confirmation that the Code of Conduct and Statement of faith has been read and agree to for In His Hands Children’s Home.
Staff Code of Conduct:
We realize that no one is perfect, but by the power of the Holy Spirit, we all have access to the righteousness of Christ. All staff must agree to uphold certain foundational standards through their behaviors, attitudes and lifestyle choices at work and in their personal lives. Living in accordance with these standards shall serve to unify us as a “community of believers.” As a member of our “community,” we believe employees should strive to live in harmony with the following foundational standards as evidence of their life committed to growth in Christ and sound judgment based on Christian principles:
The following is a list of considerations to evaluate:
1. Staff must have a clear understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and must have trusted in Christ as personal Savior.
3. Staff must be in a Bible study in which he/she is receiving solid biblical training and discipleship. Also, staff must be committed to personal time with the Lord on a regular basis, and be an active participant in church fellowship.
6. Staff must be able to work in harmony with others. He/she must not be a person who consistently causes disputes or has “personality conflicts” with other people. (Phil. 2:1-4, Eph. 4:2-3)
7. Staff must be willing to lead a Bible study and be flexible when asked to share a testimony or lead a study.
8. We believe every human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its dimensions. Therefore, we must seek ways to act out of love and respect for each other, encouraging and building up one another, not causing one another to stumble. We believe that to achieve this, employees must practice a lifestyle that demonstrates purity to those around them (Romans 13-14 & I Corinthians 10:31-11:1).
9. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.
10. We believe there is great power in the spoken word and therefore all lying, profanity, gossip, obscenity, and other negative uses of language diminishes our work with the children, families and our coworkers.
11. We believe in the power of our example and living our lives as Christian role models and conducting ourselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding our Christian testimonies. Because our example is powerful and because most of our service population is impacted by some form of substance abuse, we especially recognize the dangers and negative implications of drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse. Therefore, we seek to minimize or refrain from the use of alcohol and tobacco and we agree to completely abstain from the illicit or non-medical use of drugs, narcotics and other harmful substances. Staff, as representatives of Jesus Christ, must be above reproach in this area. In His Hands Children’s Home is an alcohol and tobacco free campus (including all vapes). All staff exercise wisdom & discretion in the purchase or consumption of alcohol. In terms of specific situations, we can state clearly that: You must be over 21. You should never provide alcohol to underage people. You should not post pictures of your consumption of alcoholic beverages online in any way.
12. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrew 13:4). We further believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10) and that activities that give the appearance of sexual immorality should be avoided by staff. This pattern was set out by God in the beginning of time, and living outside of this structure that God ordained would be creating your own laws and therefore is an act of rebellion towards our wonderful Creator.
13. We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of In His Hands Children’s Home as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to all clients, fellow staff members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement (Mathew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; I Thessalonians 5:22).
I affirm that I am a Christian, I have read and agree with In His Hands Children’s Home doctrine and criteria and I agree to make lifestyle choices that are consistent with this code of conduct. I understand that my employment at In His Hands is contingent upon me living a lifestyle that is consistent with this Code of Conduct.
Statement of Faith
As members of a Christian organization, each employee must recognize that living a life in accordance with the standards presented in the Statement of Faith found below is necessary as it serves to unify us as a Community of Believers set out on the same path. Therefore, all individuals who are interested in applying to work at In His Hands Children’s Home must first agree with and abide by this Statement of Faith.
THE STATEMENT OF FAITH IS AS FOLLOWS…
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. In His Hands Children’s Home board of directors serves as our highest, human interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application for the purposes of our agency’s faith and beliefs, practice, policy and discipline at work.
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:15).
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (John 10:30).
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33), in His virgin birth (Luke 1:35), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), in His miracles (John 2:11), in His atoning death through His shed blood (Ephesians 1:7), in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and in His personal return in power and glory (Revelation 19:11).
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christ-follower is enabled to live a Godly life (Romans 8:13-14).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, that they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus (Galatians 3:26-28).
We believe that children are a heritage from God and a blessing from His hand. We are therefore accountable to Him for raising, shaping and preparing them for a life of service to His Kingdom and to humanity. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps 139).
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 2:24).
We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
As Christians living out our faith, it is unsurprising that our beliefs influence our behavior, attitudes and lifestyle choices. As Christian professionals, we will not compromise our commitment to our professional code of ethics while providing superior care to our clients who possess differing values or beliefs.
I affirm that I am a Christian, I have read and agree with In His Hands Children’s Home Statement of Faith, and I agree to make lifestyle choices that are consistent with In His Hands Children’s Home Statement of Faith. I understand that my employment at In HIs Hands is contingent upon me living a lifestyle that is consistent with this Statement of Faith.